Illinois Government Relations
- Represent TransCanada’s operation of two natural gas pipelines and one crude oil pipeline in Illinois and build relationships with state and local government elected officials, regulatory agencies; business, energy and environment groups; and education institutions.
- Ongoing collaboration regarding energy-related legislation and identifying opportunities to advance TransCanada’s business interests and reputation.
- TransCanada has made a four-year financial commitment to support a junior college program to provide training for the next generation of skilled workers needed in the pipeline and energy-delivery industry; the program is strongly supported by local legislators.
- No significant anti-pipeline legislation.
Golub & Company
- Secure government and community approval for a mixed-use residential-commercial development in downtown Oak Park IL, not far from the historic home and studio of architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Provided counsel and direct contact with village officials through a lengthy review process that included multiple public meetings, intensive media coverage and shifting political and economic dynamics.
- Approval of a redevelopment agreement between Oak Park and the development team in 2014, groundbreaking in 2015 and grand opening of the project in 2016.
Consumer Energy Alliance
- Educate existing and incoming legislators in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Ohio on issues in the energy industry.
- Coordinated “Energy 101” briefings that provided an opportunity for elected officials to hear the latest information current and long-term issues.
- Strong turnout and response by legislators and regulators.