Global Media Relations
- Earn global media coverage of the 8th International Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease, which was held in Stockholm, Sweden and presented by Chicago-based Alzheimer’s Association.
- Implemented a multi-message media relations program that focused on key research in lifestyle, diagnosis and treatment.
- Managed an integrated team based in Chicago, New York and London; provided onsite supervision in Stockholm.
- Generated 500 million media impressions worldwide, which was significantly more media attention than previous Conferences received.
- Achieved prominent story placements in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times, The Economist, as well as coverage by Associated Press (London) and CNN, among other worldwide media.
Illinois Department of Transportation
- Reduce traffic on the Kennedy Expressway by 25 percent during a three-year reconstruction project.
- Encourage the use of public transit.
- Keep media and affected communities informed and respond to concerns.
- Developed and managed “Operation Kennedy,” a multi-phase media and community relations program that featured intensive media relations and community relations.
- Traffic on the Kennedy was reduced by more than 25 percent in each of the three years of the program.
- Media coverage of Operation Kennedy was factual and informed and contributed to reduced traffic volumes and increased use of public transit each year.
- Operation Kennedy received a Silver Anvil, the highest honor in the public relations industry.
Illinois Toll Highway Authority
- Reintroduce I-Pass, the authority’s electronic toll collection system, to existing users and expand its use to more drivers.
- Developed and managed an integrated communication program that included strategic paid media and aggressive earned media.
- I-Pass users surpassed the program’s first year objectives.