Keystone Pipeline System (Phases 1-3)
- Introduce and build approval at several stakeholder levels (community,government, media) for the first three phases of the Keystone Pipeline System inIllinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
- Anticipate potential issues and concerns, identify project opponents, and prepare proactive and reactive public consultation tactics.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive, on-the-ground stakeholder outreach program that integrated grassroots relationships, state and local government outreach and media relations to reach key stakeholders, including landowners, community leaders, elected officials and regulatory agencies.
- County, state and federal approvals to build the first three phases of Keystone Pipeline, which has safely delivered more than one billion barrels of oil.
CMS Energy (Guardian Pipeline)
- Generate support for and minimize opposition to regulatory approval and construction of a 150-mile natural gas pipeline project through four northern Illinois counties.
- Developed and managed a public affairs program that included media and government relations at local, county and state levels.
- Managed congressional liaison activities for Guardian Pipeline, whose proposed route bisected the districts of several members of Congress, including the then-current Speaker of the House.
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved Guardian Pipeline ahead of schedule.
- The project earned the editorial support of local newspapers and had no significant opposition.
- FERC cited Guardian Pipeline’s public/community affairs program as a model for similar projects.